The Cameron Rian Hays Outside the Box Competition
1st Place – Nahom Beyene and Kristina Nikiforova
2nd Place – Deland Chan
3rd Place – Carl Jackson
2015 Blue Ribbon Panelists/Judges:
- Hooks Johnson, Partner, Valhalla Partners, venture capital investor
- John G. Milliken, Esq. Partner, Retired, Venable LLP; Former Secretary of Transportation, VA
- Neil Pedersen, Executive Director, Transportation Research Board
2015 Finalists and Presenters:
- “Testing Car & Driver: Fusing Driver Training with Intelligent Vehicle Systems” – Nahom Beyene and Kristina Nikiforova
- “Build-A-Lifeline: Encouraging Community Resilience through Flexible and Adaptive Transportation Networks” – Deland Chan
- “Skyways: A Sustainable Transportation Network for the Future” – Carl Jackson
The 2015 Cameron Rian Hays Outside the Box Competition is closed. Please visit us in the fall for next year’s competition forms!
The award will be announced Spring 2015
In the world of transportation and transportation challenges, it is imperative that we foster the development and implementation of new ideas. Instead of offering the same old solutions–turning the proverbial wheel, but not moving forward– we challenge you to think creatively and offer “outside of the box” solutions to complicated transportation policy challenges. So how can you push that wheel forward? How can you effect change?
First prize: $10,000
Second prize: $5,000
Third prize: $2,500
We welcome all thoughtful, innovative and diverse ideas…so inspire us!
Follow us on Twitter @GMUOutsideBox